Thursday, November 8, 2012

GOOD-BYE 20's HELLO 30's



Today is my last day in my 20's.  I thought I would sit down and see where my life is compared to what I wanted over the last thirty years. So listed in no particullar order are things I thought I wanted as I was growing up. Some are single memories and others are just general ideas I had.

MEMORY:

When I was a preteen/early teen I was sitting on my bed holding a McDonalds toy. It was a little Barbie standing on a base. She had an Olympic medal around her neck and as all Barbies do, long blonde hair. At that time I thought I would love to be an Olympian in track. I wanted to be a sprinter. (Later in Jr. High when I tried out for Track I found out I can't sprint, I'm a long distance runner.) 

TODAY:

I despise running, I have no idea what I was thinking. I do have LONG blonde hair. 

FEELINGS ABOUT THE TURN OUT:

I'm  really happy that I have long hair. I'm fine that I never became a great runner. I still value good health and exercise. I can still wear my senior prom dress and my wedding dress so I must still be in good shape.

MEMORY:

I was in my mid teens driving down 2700W going southbound in front of Bennion Jr. High. I remember thinking that someday I would be driving a Jeep Cherokee with two kids ion the back seat, a boy and a girl.

TODAY:

I drive a Dodge Charger and have one kid in the backseat, a boy.

FEELINGS ABOUT THE TURN OUT:

I'm COMPLETELY fine with how this turned out. My Charger is way cooler than a Cherokee. I love my son. We have fun just the two of us during the day, and the three of us at night.

MEMORY:

In seminary we had to write about what we wanted ( personality and physical) in our future spouse.
I wanted a guy who was at least 6'2'' with dark thick hair. He needed to be devoted to his family. A worthy priesthood holder. Have a good sense or humor, and care about his body ( that means a six pack) I know I wrote more but they must not have mattered because I can't remember them.

TODAY:

My husband is 5'6'' and what hair he has left is blonde. He wants to exercise but finding time is tough because he loves spending time with his family and doesn't want to leave my side at night. He supports Alma and me by not eating dairy. He has nice abs:). He is always ready and willing to help with priesthood blessings. He is teaching Alma how to treat a woman. They fight over who gets to open my door or serve me in anyway. 

FEELINGS ABOUT THE TURN OUT:

I'm very happy in my decision of who to marry. I didn't get my tall guy to lean against but Jeremy does pretty good at holding me up. He is totally devoted to taking care of his family. 

MEMORY: 

When Jeremy and I got married we talked about how many kids we wanted. We said four but felt like it might be five. I also wanted to be done having by the time I was thirty.When we bought our house we chose one that would have enough room for all our kids.

TODAY:

We have one kid and no chance of having more. I have five dogs, who knew we where talking about dogs.We still live in the house we bought thinking we would have lots of kids.

FEELINGS ABOUT THE TURN OUT:

As I mentioned before I'm happy having one kid. We get to do a lot of fun things as a family. I will be 39 when he is old enough to go on his mission. I will still be quite young. I also love my dogs very much. I often complain about wanting to move but when I look at other houses I see that we have done a lot to our house to make it our home.

MEMORY:

I was going to be super involved with school. I would go on every field trip and help out at every class party.

TODAY:

I homeschool so I'm REALLY involved. We go on many field trips.

FEELINGS ABOUT THE TURN OUT:

I enjoy homeschooling Alma, most of the time. It is fun to watch him learn new things and get excited about things. It is fun going on all the different field trips. 

MEMORY:

Since I was little I wanted to be in the medical field. It ranged from a vet to an ER doctor to a oncologist.  

TODAY:

I am a "nurse", a "taxi driver", a teacher, a cook, and a maid.

FEELINGS ABOUT THE TURN OUT:

I feel very blessed to have so many jobs. I get "paid" way more than I ever would've as a doctor. There are times that I think how my life would be different  if I chose the path of a doctor instead of a stay at home mom.  I know I would have touched the life of many people but I feel that I will touch the life of many more people by raising a son who is a good citizen, who loves the lord and his fellow man. 

So taking a close look at my life it didn't turn out the way I thought it would but I'm happy with it. I can say good-bye to my 20's with a smile on my face. To my 30's I say "Bring it on." 

No comments:

Post a Comment